X Team International Partner Legend Retail Group Retained To Represent 10 Retail Centers in Denver
By: Amanda Braniecki
Firm to represent nearly 2 million square feet of gross leasing area for national landlords
DENVER, May 19, 2014—X Team International, an international alliance of retail real estate advisors with expertise in more than 45 major markets throughout the U.S., Canada and Europe, announced that partner Legend Retail Group (Legend), a Denver-based leader in the sale and leasing of retail properties, has been selected by AmCap, Brixmor Property Group and Kimco—three of the nation’s largest retail landlords—to represent nearly 2 million square feet of gross leasing area at 10 different retail centers across the Denver metropolitan area. Legend Founding Partner Christopher Burton made the announcement.
“Our team is honored to have been entrusted with each of these highly successful companies’ valuable retail properties,” said Burton. “It speaks to the quality service, diligent performance and level of professionalism we’ve established over the years.”
The retail centers that Legend will represent for the three ownership groups include:
- Market Square, at Havana and Mississippi (120,498 square feet; 12,410 square feet available)
- Market Square, at Wadsworth and Jewell (92,759 square feet; 8,090 square feet available)
Brixmor Property Group
- Arapahoe Crossings, at Parker and Arapahoe (466,363 square feet; 18,679 square feet available)
- Arvada Plaza, at 58th and Independence, (95,236 square feet; 100 percent leased)
- Aurora Plaza, at 6th Avenue and Peoria (178,491 square feet; 20,377 square feet available)
- Superior Marketplace, at Highway 36 and McCaslin (278,790 square feet; 47,905 square feet available)
- Villa Monaco, at Monaco and Evans (122,139 square feet; 22,099 square feet available)
- Westminster City Center, at 92nd and Sheridan (337,540 square feet; 24,761 square feet available)
- East Bank Shopping Center, at Parker and Quincy (152,282 square feet; 48,220 square feet available)
- Quincy Place Shopping Center, East Quincy and South Buckley (44,097 square feet; 11,024 available)
“Legend provides us with critical local support and knowledge about leading activity and unique opportunities that exist in the Denver market,” said Brian Finnegan, senior vice president of leasing for Brixmor Property Group. “Their assistance in leasing our Denver portfolio will help us maximize value at these shopping centers.”
Legends’ Burton and Blake Larson will be handling the Brixmor Property Group’s properties. Greene and Larson will be working with the AmCap centers, while Julie McBrearty and Adam Rubenstein will be marketing the Kimco properties.
“The selection of the Legend team is especially gratifying since it comes at a time when more and more national institutional owners are recognizing the benefits of working with local, boutique firms like ours,” said Kelly Greene, a partner at Legend. “Based on our relationships and local market knowledge, we’re able to bring meaningful results to our clients by increasing occupancy within their retail centers.”
To learn more about the landlords and retail centers, visit AmCap at www.amcap.com, Brixmor Property Group at www.brixmor.com and Kimco at www.kimcorealty.com.
Photo provided by Norris Design. To download a copy of the Brixmor Superior Marketplace, please click on the image above.
About X Team
X Team is an international alliance of retail real estate specialists with offices located in major cities throughout the U.S., Canada and Europe. X Team partners average more than 20 years of industry experience, with expertise in major markets worldwide, specializing in tenant, property and developer/landlord representation, workout services,property dispositions and retail investments. X Team services include transaction negotiation, portfolio analysis, lease valuations, acquisitions, and asset assessment and valuation. For more information, please visit www.xteam.net.
About Legend Retail Group
Legend Retail Group was founded in 2000 by Christopher Burton, David Larson, Peter Pavlakis and Rick Will. Since that time, the firm has built a team of some of the local real estate industry’s most respected and trusted professionals, specializing in the sale and leasing of retail properties throughout the Denver metro area. More information regarding Legend Retail Group is available at www.legendretailgroup.com.