Eminent Domain Conference to Explore Critical Issues, New Developments and Best Practices for Eminent Domain Law
By: Chris Austin
Eminent domain attorney Darius Dynkowski to serve as program chair of event
CLEVELAND, September 17, 2013 – Continuing Legal Education International, a provider of ongoing professional education programs throughout the United States and Canada, will host a two-day event titled, “Eminent Domain: Impact of Political & Economic Forces.” Darius Dynkowski, program chair for the event, made the announcement.
The conference will take place in Cleveland from Sept. 30 through Oct. 1, and will include more than a dozen presentations on eminent domain issues for attorneys, government and municipal employees, developers, planners, appraisers, engineers and real estate professionals. Topics of discussion will include case law and legislative updates, challenging the right to take, appraising utility easement, tenant rights, opening statements and closing arguments, and more. The event will also include a Featured Panel Discussion titled, “Anatomy of a Complex Eminent Domain Case: ODOT v. Cleveland Cold Storage/Beautiful Signage Limited Partnership,” with keynote conference speaker Judge Laura J. Gallagher of the Probate Court of Cuyahoga County, Cleveland.
“This event will provide critical insight and exploration into eminent domain issues affecting a wide breadth of professionals involved in the eminent domain process,” said Dynkowski. “With more than a dozen presentations from prominent eminent domain authorities, attendees will have the opportunity to learn more about the eminent domain process, garner best practices for dealing with land takings and analyze new developments in eminent domain proceedings.”
Other event presenters include:
- Richard J. Makowski – The Essentials: Legislative and Case Law Updates
- Steven S. Kaufman – Inverse Condemnation in Ohio: Mandamus Action to Compel the Government’s Initiation of a Taking Proceeding
- Matthew W. Fellerhoff – The Right to Take Ohio: Challenging It
- Bruce L. Ingram and Dale F. Pelsozy – Litigating and Defending an Inverse Condemnation Case: Point/Counterpoint
- Lewis S. Weiner – Cross Examining Appraisers and Other Experts
- L. Martin Cordero – Opening Statements and Closing Arguments: Getting and Keeping the Jury’s Attention
- Richard H. Glazer – Effective Use of Exhibits in the Eminent Domain Process: Making Your Case with Creative Design and Use of Exhibits
- Robin M. Wilson – Tenant Rights in Eminent Domain Cases: Are There Any?
- Darius W. Dynkowski – The Subdivision Approach to Value: Analysis and Methodology
- Alan T. Ackerman – Valuation Issues in Eminent Domain Litigation: What You Need to Know
- Kurt C. Kielisch – Appraising Utility Easements: Do’s and Don’t’s
- Anthony J. Coyne – The Use of Eminent Domain for Economic Development and Urban Redevelopment: After Senate Bill 7
- Mary Cibella – Ohio Rules of Professional Conduct: Top 5 Disciplinary Offenses