TROY, MI, Aug. 15, 2011 — Children’s Leukemia Foundation of Michigan will conclude its 2011 CRUSH Michigan signature series of fundraising events with the CRUSH Birmingham Wine and Food Classic held on Saturday, September 24 at the Townsend Hotel in Birmingham. CRUSH Birmingham is presented by University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center and Diversified Restaurant Holdings.
Local and national culinary connoisseurs will join renowned wine personalities and master sommeliers who will describe, advise and recommend some of the year’s most exquisite wine choices and pairings. Guests of the evening include:
Honorary Master Pastry Chef: Jacquy Pfeiffer, master pastry chef, Chocolatier; The French Pastry School, City Colleges, Chicago, IL
Guest Culinary Masters:
• Daniel Campbell – executive chef, Tallulah (Birmingham)
• Myles Anton – executive chef, Trattoria Stella (Traverse City)
• Jim Barnett – executive chef, Westin Book Cadillac (Detroit)
• Jim Bologna – executive chef, The Rugby Grille at the Townsend Hotel (Birmingham)
• Michael Connery – executive chef, Capital Grille (Troy)
• Steven Grostick – executive chef, Toasted Oak (Novi)
• Paul Grosz – executive chef, Cuisine (Detroit)
• Guillame Hazael-Massieux – executive chef, La Becasse (Maple City)
• John Korycki – executive chef, Zazios (Kalamazoo and Birmingham)
• Matt Millar – executive chef, Reserve (Grand Rapids)
• Jim Oppat – executive chef, Andiamo Italia Restaurants (Warren)
• Brian Polcyn – chef/proprietor, Cinco Lagos (Milford) and Forest Grill (Birmingham)
Honorary Wine Director: Ron Edwards, master sommelier, wine consultant and educator, Wine Talk Radio host
• Madeline Triffon, master sommelier
• Claudia Tyagi, master sommelier
• Julie Dalton, advance sommelier
• Jamie Jamison, advance sommelier
Local Award Recipients:
• 2011 CRUSH Humanitarian Award: Vicki and Tom Celani
• 2011 President’s Leadership Award: Cherie and Nigel Barnett
• 2011 Pioneers in Medicine Award: Max Wicha, M.D.
To keep the party going, CRUSH guests are also invited to “wine down” at the fourth annual Rémy Cointreau USA CRUSH Birmingham After Hours event, held at the Townsend Hotel. Guests can enjoy mixing great music with an array of Remy luxury spirits for late night enjoyment. Midnight bites will also be featured.
Schedule of Events:
• 6:30-7 p.m. – Patron admission and private champagne reception
• 7-9 p.m. – General admission, wine-food pairing stations
• 9 p.m. – Sit down dessert
• 9:15-10 p.m. – Awards ceremony and live auction
• 10 p.m.-1 a.m. – After Hours event
Patron admission tickets include a private champagne reception sponsored by Brooks Brothers and access to the main food/wine pairing event and After Hours for $350. General admission for the food/wine pairing event and After Hours is $250. For young adults ages 21-30, the general admission cost is $125. Tickets for just the After Hours event are $65.
For more information or to register for the event, visit http://crushmichigan.com/.
About CRUSH Michigan
The mission of CRUSH Michigan continues to be that of creating world-class regional wine and food fundraising events for the benefit of Children’s Leukemia Foundation of Michigan, an independent non-profit foundation serving families throughout the state of Michigan.
About Children’s Leukemia Foundation of Michigan
Children’s Leukemia Foundation of Michigan is a statewide nonprofit organization helping families cope with leukemia, lymphoma and related disorders by providing information, financial assistance and emotional support. In addition, CLF has provided more than $6.5 million in research dollars to Michigan’s comprehensive cancer institutes. Children’s Leukemia Foundation of Michigan is headquartered in Troy, Michigan. For more information, call 1-800-825-2536 or visit http://leukemiamichigan.org.