Green Oak Village Place Partners With Bloggers For Fall Fashion Preview Event
Challenge: Continually seeking new ways to drive traffic to stores and build new relationships, Green Oak Village Place looked to Identity to brainstorm creative ways to leverage existing and new blogger relationships to help build awareness of Green Oak’s shopping location and variety of retailers.
Solution: To generate increased awareness and drive traffic to Green Oak, Identity’s social media team came up with the idea to host a VIP Fall Fashion Preview event at a vacant store, which included food and drinks. The event was an ideal opportunity for Green Oak’s tenants to increase awareness about the many fall fashion items in their store. Identity researched and invited a select group of bloggers who write about fashion, events and lifestyle/parenting and invited them to attend this VIP stylish event.
Additionally, to engage Green Oak’s Facebook community and reward our loyal fans, we hosted a contest to allow two people from our Facebook Page to attend the event with a guest.
Tenants created fall fashion display tables with everything from clothing and accessories to candles and home décor. Bloggers who attended agreed to share their experience at the event on their blogs and/or social channels. Bloggers used the #GreenOakFashion hashtag with their content. As an added bonus, some of the retailers provided coupons and gift cards. The gift cards were used as randomly drawn giveaways for the bloggers throughout the course of the event.
Outcome: Overall, the Fall Fashion Preview event served as a kid-free, night out for busy bloggers to be able to enjoy wine and hors d’oeuvres, get up to speed on the season’s fashion trends and mingle with fellow bloggers. The event opened doors to new blogger relationships for Green Oak, a spike in social media traffic and increased sales, as the majority of bloggers went shopping after the event.
Additional results include:
- Eight bloggers out of the group initially invited were able to attend the event. Several brought guests, which resulted in 15 total attendees.
- Seven tenants participated.
- Several attendees went to stores straight from the event to purchase items on display or do some shopping in general.
- The event hashtag was used across various social channels, including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and blogs.
- The day after the event, Green Oak’s Facebook Page impressions spiked.
- All tenants in attendance were pleased with the overall success of the event and immediately inquired about hosting a spring fashion event in 2015.