Launching PAVE the Way Project Through Social Media
Challenge: Identity client Verizon Wireless brought an opportunity to the social media team to help the company launch and raise awareness of its new PAVE the Way Project (PTWP) through social media. The goal of PTWP is to promote awareness about teen dating violence by peer-to-peer mentoring through pop music. Teen artists from across the country created original music to raise awareness of this important issue.
Solution: Working in conjunction with Verizon corporate’s marketing team, Identity developed a strategy that included reaching teens through Facebook and Twitter. We utilized Facebook ads to quickly grow the page and target teens all across the United States. We developed messaging not only for our channels, but also for the teen artists involved in PTWP to share on their social channels. While there was a media relations component included, the campaign relied heavily on social media to drive people to the PTWP website.
Outcome: From April 10 – June 15, 2012, Identity’s efforts helped achieve the following:
- Approximately 23,000 pageviews on PTPW website.
- Nearly 5,000 song plays and 800 song downloads.
- Facebook was the number one traffic referrer back to the PTPW website.
- Added nearly 1,500 Facebook likes, with the dominating demographic being users between the ages of 13 and 17 (the target audience).
- Three different Facebook ads generated 645,544 views, with more than 1,700 clicks.
- More than 200 retweets of PTWP content.