Sales and reservations coordinator at Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Riverfront received top honor at conference awards banquet in Atlanta
GREENBELT, Md., Oct 29, 2014—Chesapeake Hospitality, one of the country’s fastest growing third-party hotel management companies, has named Karen Padgett, sales and reservations coordinator at the Crowne Plaza Jackson Riverfront, Employee of the Year. Kim Sims, president of Chesapeake Hospitality, made the announcement.
Padgett joined the Chesapeake team in 2012 after serving as a sales coordinator at the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Jacksonville-Baymeadows and studying at the University of Central Florida. In 2013, Padgett volunteered to serve as the Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Riverfront’s representative to the Give Kids the World charity—an organization Chesapeake has supported for many years—and as a result of her efforts, the hotel was able to raise record-breaking donations for the cause.
“Though we have grown to be a leading hotel management company with operations across the country, Chesapeake Hospitality still operates on our family-owned principles and values, and what we value above all else is our people,” said Sims. “Karen embodies the type of hard-working, team-player that makes our company so successful—she doesn’t hesitate to jump in and help when needed and her effective communications strategy with her team keeps everything running smoothly behind the scenes.”
The Employee of the Year award was presented to Padgett at a conference held at the famed Fox Theater in Atlanta. Other Chesapeake employees recognized for their efforts in specific categories include:
- Kevin Brockway, General Manager of the Hilton Savannah Desoto – Buy Efficient Peak Performer
- Sal Khatri & Tanya Taylor, General Manager and Director of Sales of the Crowne Plaza Houston Downtown – Sales & Marketing Achievement
- Bill Winn & Brian Brooks, General Manager and Director of Sales of the Doubletree by Hilton Raleigh Brownstone – Group Sales Performance & Overall Performance
- Martin Mohabir General Manager and Director of Sales of the Holiday Inn Columbia – Renovation Excellence
- David Fernandez, General Manager of the Holiday Inn West Palm Beach – Overcoming Adversity
- Michael Stockman & Carla Fasciano, General Manager and Director of Sales of the Crowne Plaza Oklahoma City – Most Improved Property
- Kevin Brockway & Kim Chambless, General Manager and Director of Sales of the Hilton Savannah Desoto – Forecast Excellence
- Martin Mohabir, General Manager of the Holiday Inn Columbia – Service Excellence
Chesapeake Hospitality is a mid-sized, third party hotel management company with a proven track record of successful, award-winning operations of full-service hotels. Chesapeake’s specialized experience with deep turn around properties and industry leading strategies for profitable F&B operations has positioned the company as a fast growing third party manager recognized for results. Ranked in the top 50 largest independent operators, the company manages hotels under the Hilton, Starwood, Wyndham, Choice and InterContinental Hotels Group brand families as well as independent properties. For additional information visit the company’s website: www.chesapeakehospitality.com