Elevating the Profile of a Detroit Institution
Showcasing Detroit Country Day School’s rich history in the community and promoting the school’s Centennial Anniversary.
Detroit Country Day School’s (DCDS) Centennial Anniversary celebration officially launched with the 2014-2015 school year.
Identity developed a comprehensive plan to leverage the Centennial Anniversary to expand brand awareness and increase engagement with internal DCDS employees, alumni and family communities, along with the external metro Detroit community. As part of this plan, Identity needed to consider ways to capitalize on opportunities to enhance the school’s influence, cultivate a strong pool of applicants to maintain and/or increase enrollment and to drive participation in annual fundraising commitments and advancement campaigns. This program included a variety of strategies, including a targeted advertising plan, media relations outreach, campaign messaging development and event support.
Throughout the year, Identity worked with DCDS to raise awareness of this important milestone and showcase the rich traditions and programs that make the school such a unique and valuable part of the community. At the end of the program, the school’s awareness and fundraising goals for the campaign were not only met, but exceeded.
What We Did
Identity deployed the following strategies and tactics in order to achieve success:
Media Relations & Marketing
- Media Relations
- Advertising Campaign Management
- Event Coordination, Management and Support
- Executive Coaching and Training
- Media Training
- Campaign Message Development
- Donor and Stakeholder Communications
- Logo Development
- Brochure, Direct Mail and E-blast Design
- Annual Report and Annual Fund Creative Development
- Advertising Development and Design
- Designed Centennial Mobile Museum—an immersive audio and visual exhibit including cut-out creative standees, commemorative video, audio and banners
- 14,795postcards designed and distributed to families within key demographics
- 1.3Mimpressions generated by targeted media relations efforts within metro Detroit
- 120%of attendance goal reached at highly anticipated Centennial Gala celebration event
- 500Knew audiences engaged through “A Timeless Tradition” advertising campaign