Identity’s media relations and marketing specialists secure meaningful, impactful and credible media coverage that allows our clients to tell their stories, differentiate from competitors and share relevant and thought-provoking perspectives. From broadcast interviews to national industry trade cover stories, we position our clients as experts and provide them with the platform to communicate their message directly to their target audience. As an intern with the media relations and marketing team, your role will include:
- Drafting and distributing press releases/media alerts.
- Conducting research and providing thorough results, including event venues, publications, editorial contacts, conferences, speaking opportunities, marketing collateral, etc.
- Developing local, regional and national media lists.
- Assisting in creating client reports.
- Copywriting, editing and proofreading a wide variety of media and marketing materials.
- Providing on-site event support.
- Assisting with operational/administrative needs for agency and clients.
“Coming to Identity straight out of college with little knowledge of the actual day-to-day tactics that happen within an agency, I quickly learned the ins and outs of the PR world—from identifying appropriate media contacts and drafting press releases to research projects and writing compelling story pitches. Working with the team of highly-motivated and knowledgeable professionals that Identity is comprised of has allowed me to grow at a quick rate in the bustling world of agency life.”
– Morgan M, Media Relations & Marketing Intern, Winter 2015